The Wastelands...

Monday, October 19, 2015

August 28, 2010 was the next Fight Night. I was becoming something of a regular, I suppose. I had friends who were fighters. One who was a champion and she was my neighbor. What wasn't there to love? So I did my Saturday afternoon thing and walked over to the arena...


I was beginning to get a better grasp on how the rules worked. Last week I had been confused by the odd points system that was used. I would later deduce that on occasions like this, the Tinman tends to wing it. This week was a "classic," eight person affair. I remember watching Apo and Dass go at it...



Dass prevailed in that one. I'm not sure if Apo & I were friends at this point but I do know that we were soon after. She had IMd me one day as she was passing by complimenting me on my build. She didn't know it at the time but I was having a really bad day and she really cheered me up with that. I never forgot. Dass on the other hand was beginning to frighten me. I rightly or wrongly thought that she had the disdain for a noob toward me and that Toki's friendship was the only thing keeping me from an ass kicking. Probably all in my overactive imagination, but whenever I'd see Dass hanging around the Bog I'd get nervous...


Kitty defeated Cloudy in the next match. Toki went and dispatched Cigi and Patrice Cournoyer had beat some girl who didn't even have a weapon attached. Kinda chickenshit, I thought at the time but what did I know? Cloudy dispatched both Apo and Cigi to win the redemption rounds that night...


Next, in the regular rounds we saw Toki vs Dass. This was quite the contest. Dass hit some spikes and that made the difference, but I still didn't feel safe around Dass...



The next fight between Kitty and Patrice would be later seen by me to be sweet, as Kitty didn't like Patrice at all and seemed to enjoy slaughtering her...



This left Toki, Kitty and Cloudy in the finals. I just remember it being a whirlwind with Toki winning her third in a row...





I went home after Fight Night like I did every week. I was still too insecure with myself to stick around and socialize. Walking home, I passed by a new build in the Bog next to Apo's place that would prove to be ominous...

No comments:

Post a Comment