The Wastelands...

Thursday, September 17, 2015

I was rezzed on April 21st 2010 and like most noobs I did noob things in Second Life like night clubs and such:
 



I joined SL while in grad school studying Educational Technology and about three weeks into it I discovered The Wastelands. I arrived at the main teleport in The Wastelands sim, grabbed some note cards and climbed the ladder to the outside. "Outside weapons will not be tolerated" is the first thing I heard and I remembered it. I walked due west and found Malady Bog and if I didn't know it at the time, home...





I stumbled upon a plot - Milan's Lair that one Milan Martynov maintained next to where I would later discover to be Apo's place. It had a weird charm, with solo piano music playing in the background. I'd just sit there and listen for hours. I never interacted with Milan at the time other than having him tell me to scram once. I met up with him a few years later and he seemed pretty cool but I haven't seen him since...


No comments:

Post a Comment