The Wastelands...

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

On Saturday, July 3,2010 I attended my first ever Fight Night. I confess that I was scared to death as I had never been around this many Wastelanders at one time, much less at what I believed to be a most dangerous gathering. I still hadn't swung a weapon in anger. I think that by this time I had acquired a facebreaker from Destini for better defense, but still...


I think that I learned more this evening than I had my entire time in the WLs up till this point. I got to observe first hand the spectacle that had so captivated me for so long. Destiny was there as a spectator like myself and KittyKat was there as a fighter. I thought it was so badass that I was friends with one of the fighters...



One person who stood out to me was VoidTraveller Seetan. He had this tube of glue stuck to his nose and he just looked psychotic as he slaughtered his opponents. Void managed to get himself banned from The Wastelands not long after this night. I only interacted with him a few times and it never really went very well. Never liked him and I don't miss him...

ViodTraveller Seetan

In the finals though, it wasn't enough. Even after Void came out with a slugthrower and dispatched Cigi Saraha, Moondoggie Iger managed to triumph. I will say here that Moondoggie was one of the best fighters I ever saw. I never got to meet him in the arena. He hasn't been around for years...


Moondoggie Iger
Afterward, I went back home to concentrate on getting a decently shabby home to stay in. I was still scared in The Wastelands and I wanted a roof over my head and a door I could shut...

No comments:

Post a Comment